Friday, November 14, 2008

The Fat Has Landed

Alright, I know some people really enjoy seeing a fat pregnant lady, so I have decided to post a pic for you crazy people that like that sort of thing.


For those of you who never saw me during my first pregnancy, first of all consider yourselves lucky and second of all you should know I was HUGE. I know every pregnant woman thinks they are the size of a humpback whale, but I didn't just think it, it was real. Every part of me was large. My ankles had the same circumference of that of a 30 year old oak tree and I swear even my nose tripled in size. Of course, people were polite and didn't tell me I was ginormous. Instead they said things like, "When are you due again?" and then when I would tell them my due date they would snicker and say "I don't think there is any way you will make it that long." Others would guess my due date and would be about 60 days off.


Now this time around I was starting to get a little cocky. Until about a month ago, I would tell people that I was pregnant and they were shocked at how far along I was, saying I didn't even look pregnant. Then the belly came all of the sudden, bringing with it the fat face that I thought I might be avoiding this time. Matthew always has funny things to say like "Whoa your belly is HUGE" and "Your baby's bubble is getting bigger and bigger, soon it is going to pop". I just hope he doesn't start saying things like that to other people, especially people who aren't pregnant, but he does enjoy talking to strangers so I am sure it is just a matter of time.


6 comments:

The Queen said...

Awwww...Megan you look great! Thanks for posting a pic. I love the hair. How long has it been since you've had it long? You really do look great! Glad to see that baby's growing too!

Jenny said...

You ALWAYS look cute Megan!

Jenney said...

You look fine! Just be so so happy that baby is growing and growing! Is Matthew deciding what you should call her, or is he going to let you decide?

Angela said...

you look beautiful!!!

Erin Morgan said...

Megan - I love that photo!! I know I felt the same way when I had Finnegan. When I started waddling, my boss would always ask me if had hurt my leg or something :) He was always messing with me! Just be happy that people don't ask if you're having twins :)

kristykh said...

Aww! I must be one of those crazy people. I love seeing pregnant pictures! You look great!