Friday, September 25, 2009

Better Than You Could Ever Imagine

I am SO very excited for my friend Rachel!!! She is my best girl from college. She and her husband have had a desire to be parents for a few years. Just yesterday, after years of waiting, crying, praying and trusting God with the desires of their hearts they met their beautiful baby boy from Korea.

I have been thinking about them and this meeting constantly. This morning I was able to see some pictures that were taken at this precious meeting and I can honestly say they are some of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen.

This got me thinking about life and about how God works in our lives. In our minds we picture how things are going to be. For Rachel, years ago she probably never imagined she would be meeting her son for the first time in an airport. But I would bet her meeting moment yesterday was better than she ever imagined. Some things go the way we always planned they would and then sometimes we get blessed with moments that are so very different than we planned, and surprisingly those are some of the most amazing moments we will ever experience.

So if you feel like bawling like a baby (not that I did or anything), go check out Rachel's best day ever!

5 comments:

Jenney said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations to them! I didn't leave a message for her, I didn't want to be some creepy blog stalker...but what a story. He is beautiful. How old is he?

Mary Smith said...

I know how much you care about her and I'm so glad they got their baby. What a warm hearted story. You are a special friend.

The Queen said...

Okay so it's bad enough that I have postpartum hormones, but to read that blog?! It's amazing I didn't drown in my tears...

Jenny said...

Thanks for sharing Megan! *dabs eyes* Congrats to your friend Rachel and her husband!!

Rachel said...

How did I not see this until now??? Thank you for this sweet post, my friend. You're so right - I never would have dreamed my life would include a day like that one...and you're also right that it was better than I could have ever imagined :)