Monday, September 14, 2009

The Girl

The girl is now 7 months old (but let's not talk too much about that). I don't know if I have mentioned before that I dread the 5th of every month because it means I must accept the fact that my baby girl is one month older.
She is a solid food eater now (well ok she has been for a few months already I just have neglected to write about it). I have been making her food which is quite fun. She loves rolling around on the floor trying to grab whatever treasures her big brother has left behind. He is always concerned she might ruin something and when I tell him she is fine he says "But I think she has a plan", that I do not doubt.
Alexis is still a big girl. At her 6 month appointment she weighed in at 19lbs 6oz and was nearly 28 inches. I think she wore 6-9 month sized clothing for a week.

She is kind of a serious gal (I have no idea how that happened). Matthew smiled constantly as a baby and you've got to work hard most of the time to get Alexis to smile (well I don't so much, but most people do). She is loud and does not hide her emotions. When she is happy she is happy and when she is upset plug your ears to prevent hearing loss. My mom doesn't think she has ever encountered such a sassy baby before in her life. I will tell you though at this point she just makes me laugh. I have a feeling she is going to be a tough gal because everytime Matthew is doing something with her and I am about to say "Oh please be more gentle with her", she starts cracking up about whatever her brother is doing to her.

Yesterday at church we took part in the baby dedication with Alexis. She did great and even let the pastor hold her without screaming, very impressive. We are so very thankful that God chose to bless us with our sweet and sassy baby girl!

5 comments:

Amy said...

She is so adorable! And looks like Matthew! I love the fact that you are making her food, how very "green" of you ;)

Jenney said...

Yeah for baby food making, it is fun! Oh, she is just too much. If I don't have a girl I think I might die of testosterone. I think you can die of that. It is called C R A Z Y. You go to the nut house and then you are bored and you die.
Tell her to quit growing so fast, she'll be in kindergarten soon!

Jenny said...

Sweet AND sassy! PERFECT!

mary smith said...

She is getting more beautiful each day.

Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing about what your little girl is like :) She is such a little cutie!!! And I'm so glad to see a couple of pictures of YOU on here!!! Your hair looks really nice like that! :) Miss you, friend.